JYM SUPPLEMENT SCIENCE ZMA (90 Caps)
JYM Supplement Science ZMA
JYM Supplement Science combines real science with best-in-class ingredients and precise doses to deliver unreal results. JYM Supplement Science ZMA is a real, effectively dosed ZMA formula with enhanced bioavailability.
Due to the forms of zinc and magnesium used, and the addition of vitamin B6, along with added BioPerine®, ZMA JYM is the most effective way for athletes and other hard-training individuals to get adequate zinc and magnesium. These two essential minerals are critical for maintaining optimal hormone levels and maximizing muscle strength. It’s important to supplement zinc and magnesium, because you may actually be deficient in both!
Research has confirmed that athletes are often deficient in both zinc and magnesium. This is due to several factors that increase the loss of these critical minerals and also decrease their uptake from food. Loss of these minerals occurs through sweat and urine, plus an increased use for recovery and protein synthesis. Reduced uptake of these minerals can happen due to refined sugars and white-flour products, alcohol consumption, calcium-rich foods like dairy, copper, as well as foods rich in phytates (phosphorous compounds found in whole-grain breads, cereals, and legumes).
JYM Supplement Science ZMA is designed to work with Vita JYM, which purposely doesn’t include zinc and magnesium to promote better absorption of other critical vitamins and minerals, and to prevent you from getting too much zinc and magnesium.
The Science of JYM Supplement Science ZMA
Research suggests that ZMA has significant anabolic benefits. A study performed at Western Washington University (Bellingham) had NCAA football players take ZMA or a placebo every night during an eight-week spring training program. Researchers reported that the athletes taking the ZMA supplement experienced more than a 30-percent increase in testosterone levels, and about a 5-percent increase in levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). Those taking a placebo had a 10-percent decrease in testosterone levels and a greater than 20-percent decrease in levels of IGF-1!
In addition to the improvements in their anabolic hormone levels, the ZMA-supplemented athletes made significantly greater gains in strength and power, and achieved better sleep quality, than the placebo group. Better sleep quality helps promote muscle recovery from tough workouts. These benefits occurred in the ZMA group despite the fact a dietary analysis found that the athletes were consuming well over the recommended intake for zinc. In addition to the study performed at Western Washington University, several other studies suggest that zinc and magnesium offer potent anabolic properties.
A 2007 study from Selcuk University (Konya, Turkey) reported that four weeks of zinc supplementation in men increased testosterone levels at rest and after exercise. The same researchers also found similar results for zinc supplementation on testosterone levels in a prior study with competitive wrestlers.
On the other hand, researchers from the USDA reported that zinc depletion decreased muscle endurance in subjects. This means that maintaining optimal zinc levels is critical for your ability to complete a number of reps with a given weight.
The same Western Washington University team that performed the aforementioned ZMA research discovered in an earlier study that, when subjects supplemented with magnesium while following a seven-week leg training program, their leg strength increased by 20-percent more than those taking a placebo!
Let’s take a closer look at each of the 4 ingredients and doses used to make ZMA JYM the athlete’s perfect ZMA supplement.
30 mg Zinc
- Zinc is an essential mineral and an antioxidant that stimulates the activity of many enzymes in the body, which are critical for a multitude of biochemical reactions.
- Zinc is known to be critical for protein synthesis, the molecular mechanism of muscle growth.
- One study reported that four weeks of zinc supplementation in men increased testosterone levels at rest and after exercise.
- The same researchers found similar results for zinc on testosterone levels in competitive wrestlers.
450 mg Magnesium
- Magnesium is an essential mineral involved in numerous reactions in the body.
- Magnesium is important for cardiovascular, metabolic, and bone health, and research has discovered that supplementing with magnesium can significantly increase muscle strength. This may be due to its ability to raise testosterone levels as suggested in one study by Turkish scientists.
- Magnesium also enhances sleep quality due to its ability to normalize and extend stage 3 and 4 slow-wave sleep.
10.5 mg Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that is a cofactor in many reactions in the body. It’s involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters, histamine, and hemoglobin.
- Vitamin B6 is also critical in allowing the muscles to use stored glycogen (storage form of carbohydrate) for fuel during workouts.
- Vitamin B6 is added to ZMA because it can aid zinc and magnesium absorption by the body.
*5 mg of BioPerine®
- BioPerine® is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper, or long pepper, that contains standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
- Numerous clinical studies confirm that when a 5 mg dose of BioPerine® is taken with other supplements, it increases the absorption of those supplements by 30 to 2,000 percent.
- Research confirms that Bioperine increases the uptake of zinc, magnesium, and Vitamin B6 by the body.